Taking a risk


     This week we went on a long overdue vacation.  It was finally achieved after 3 years of planning, and I'll admit post covid a bit of fear.  First as someone who provides care for a vulnerable person, we always had to weigh the risk to the benefit.  I listened to podcasts, asked doctors and felt I had taken all the appropriate precautions.  In other words, I controlled all the things I could.  I let the rest go and prayed, hoped and went with a spirit of thankfulness.


Two things we did that also stretched me was I drove an ATV through the jungle and I went on a zipline tour (12) through Honduras.  WOW, I was challenged to drive the ATV but managed well and had a great time.  For the zipline I had to trust those that were helping me were accurately checking my connections to the zipline! My heart rate went through the roof!  Turning 60 while on vacation made me appreciate the gift of life and opportunities to continue to grow. 

My note to all of you is to remember three things - Control the risks you can, trust in others on the journey and finally remember that a life worth living involves some risks.  Without the risks you cannot enjoy new things, without trust you cannot grow in community and without controlling the risks you can you make yourself vulnerable and hurt community members who rely on you to do your part.

Take a risk, grow and help others in your community along the way.


Peace!


Comments