Feeling alone? Welcome to our caregiving wilderness - Way 13 out of the caregiving wilderness

My heart is tired lately and feeling alone. And I am sure many of you are feeling the same way. Our caregiving day is at least supported by people who care for us. I am blessed to have support in ways many do not. However, I am wishing for my days when I could just sleep if I wanted, and when I could eat when I wanted; when I could just walk, or run, or work out. Many of you are feeling this perhaps as a first time? Or its new because the ways that you could relax are not available right now. My guess as whether it is new or old it still frustrates the soul to not do what we think we want. The weariness of the burden of caregiving is one that haunts the soul. It sneaks up and sometimes gets us by surprise. So how to deal with this burden of caregiving loneliness? Share it. Share it with those who are walking in your shoes and if they are good listeners they will not judge you or offer weird little ideas on how to "fix it." You know the difference. Unfortunately we have family or friends that do not really understand the loneliness of caregiving. 

 The second thing besides sharing it is finding something creative to think outside yourself for a bit. Something that you enjoy making that opens up your soul to really listen and express the feelings you need out. For me that is SoulCollage. It offers a way for me to express myself without words. A method to reflect and offer healing. If SoulCollage is something you would like to try I am happy to provide you with the tools to get started. Reach out in the comments with your email and I will respond. Here is a SoulCollage that I created called "Can I come out and play?" It reflects the part of me that needs play.
Can you come out and play a while?

Comments