Let it Be

Today as I begin my Advent journey I realized how much I've been trying to control and plan around - aging, fears, anger, death, illness all of these issues and others I see happening around me to myself and others.  Somehow my prayers changed asking God for me to take their burdens and sadness as if I could be enough.  How crazy does this sound?
A friend of mine once said if you are born with a vagina you are born with guilt.  I laughed when she said it but I believe it so much more now.  Somehow I have allowed the world around me to tell me I am responsible, and I should carry the burdens.  But as I read from Luke today and read Mary's reaction to Gabriel's announcement I hear the words from Luke 1:38 'let it be with me according to your word.." I echo the words today "let it be with me according to your word." I will stop trying to control, and carry the burdens.  I have stopped. Each day during Advent I will repeat... Let it be.

Peace to you



Comments