Challenges to weight loss and other ramblings

My family has a son with different abilities.  One of the current challenges we are facing is how to be healthier physically as a family.  In particular how do we find time to exercise and create that much needed balance for healthy eating?  I haven't really come up with any particular answers yet but this is something I have decided to start researching and trying to figure out.  Most of the articles so far talk particularly about how to help your son/daughter have a better healthy diet and routine.  The article below is the best I have read so far.  Article about obesity and suggestions for caregivers teachers
The only drawback for the articles that I read is that they do not provide much help for the parents.  Most of us need something we can plug in slowly like a layering of clothes we add on a cold day.  The healthy changes need to be easily accessible and attainable by the family members and not feel like you've asked me to climb Mount Rainier!
So stay tune as I read and think about the ideas they are suggesting we caregivers take.  May God support you in your journey and if you have some ideas I would love to hear them (just don't tell me I need climbing gear!)

Peace to you,
Pastor Georgia

Comments