Just Me and the yellow brick road

Been a long morning already today with Jeremiah up at 2:30.  No particular reason other than it seems he doesn't need the sleep.  He is in a happy mood for which I am grateful and at the same time wonder how is his brain wired?
Our brains are amazing!  How much they can take and how it tries to take care of our bodies.  This past month I did a presentation with Dr. Darcy Krueger who is Jeremiah's neurologist.  We called the presentation "Dr. Mom and Dr. Darcy."  We both gave our help to parents and caregivers facing seizures and other illnesses.
It is at times like these that I realize how much we have learned together Jeremiah and I.  Dwayne too of course he is the most wonderful father!  Our whole family has been on this strange "yellow brick road" one filled with crazy scary creatures like the wicked witch trying to take our shoes and others like the tin man trying to find his heart.
Cusco Peru
Many times I have said this but I will say it again.  Although I do not wish this disease on anyone and most certainly my own son, I am grateful for the beautiful people I have been introduce to on this yellow brick road.  People with different abilities and their families across the globe who have made my life fuller and greater than I could ever imagine.  God bless all of you today and may the special grace you've been given be shared with someone out there on the yellow brick road.



This is one of my favorite books about Peru a journal called Gracias.

Comments

Becky Wiren said…
What a blessing to me, especially since I know that Jacob has Asperger's syndrome. To be with people who have different abilities is eye opening.