What will it say?

 I've been thinking about obituaries lately.  Maybe its because I am getting older.  But reading them lately as friends, family and strangers die, I wonder would the person who died want this written about them?  I was googling my dad, and found the link to his obituary from 1969.  And noticed how the paper chose to write our names and some points about by dad.  It was okay, but there was so much missing about him and his gifts.

I thought what if I write my obituary now?  What would it say?  Who was important to me that will be mentioned?  Do they know how important to me they are now?  Or will I let a stranger write my obituary and let it be a shadow of myself.

Writing out our obituary now, helps us to think who and what is important to us and gives us an opportunity to share that now.  It may also help you prioritize your time and days.  

I am going to write mine this January.  Just to see who and what is important, and then try to live into that obituary now.


Peace!


Comments