Caregiving the hardest job

There are days as a caregiver that you are just done. Thankfully those days don't tend to last long. They tend to come as a long series of exhaustive events. The hardest part is not feeling safe to vent.
If you start to let it out will you be able to stop? Can you eventually cap that stream of frustration?

I am not sure always when I begin if I can stop. But I do know if I don't vent it won't be pretty. So here it is folks. Caregiving sucks. There are times I hate it. I just want to sleep, or take a bath when I want to. I want to be able to go to a movie, gym or read a book.  I want to have a whole thought about what I need and not bump it against what others need first.

Caregiving is the hardest job in the world and as I shout this out to the sky... I hope for peace tonight and new strength tomorrow....and a bath.


Comments

Unknown said…
Amen! Caregiving is the hardest job; it is also the most rewarding.