Post Election Blues


I woke up this morning early – Jeremiah doesn’t care about the presidential results.  He doesn’t care about who our president or elected officials are.  All he cares about is love shown with hangers, coffee, pizza, warmth, car rides and veggie tales.  As usual he quickly brought me to reality this morning as he began his morning singing at 4:58am.

After helping him through his morning routine – coffee, bathroom, hanger, veggie tales, medicine, coat, back pack, prayers, and down to the bus…I began to really feel my own sadness.

I sat with my sadness and yours trying to answer messages, emails of despair, and cries for help.  But I found out as usual that I am not enough.

I will never be enough and neither will any elected leader.  Only one will be enough – Jesus Christ.  Jesus asks us in Matthew 11:28 to come to him: Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.”

Come under Christ’s care today and bring it all.  ALL your burdens and sadness and take time to lament with Christ.  Remember that grief brings anger, exhaustion, and the desire to hide and pretend it didn’t happen.  Today of all days, reach out to Jesus Christ and find peace. 

Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I invite you to pray.  I invite you to love.

Peace be with you,

Rev. Georgia Hale

Comments