Tell Me Will You Freak Out?

I listen to a large variety of music..well within reason and one song in particular has summed up what I have been experiencing lately.

The song that has placed into words our dance with Jeremiah and his health.   
-Dance Apocalyptic by 
JANELLE MONÁE -(listen here)http://www.okayplayer.com/news/janelle-monae-dance-apocalyptic-official-video.html#.UwdNY172IzY

Since my son was born 21 years ago we have been told he could die at anytime.  After crying straight for 3 weeks (at least), I decided each day would be the best.  And we have strived for good days and sometimes great days always trying to take one day at a time.

As I listened to the words of this songs 
Your going crazy the hit men always find out --  - Dr. Darth Vader comes to mind
 
Who through great seriousness would give his medical ideas and say with heavy breathing "this treatment could kill him"  We would come home and make jokes and keep going.  Sure we did the treatment (most often medicine) what are you going to do? The fear tactics we left at the Dr. Vader's door.
Jeremiah and Dad...


We danced apocalyptic all the way home, all the way to the pharmacy, all the way each day.

21 years later we continued to keep dancing as the song saids -'Really want to thank you for dancing until the end' - I am reminded of our dance and promise to Jeremiah - we will keep dancing until the end -singing crazy songs, dancing when we want, eating inappropriately at times, taking 3-4 baths a day.

'If the world says it is time to go tell me will you freak out?' yes, a little but I am not afraid to freak,  I will dance apocalyptic until the end.

Would you like to join the dance with us?
Jeremiah dances by singing, and eating and playing with hangers.  
Peace y'all


Comments