Trying to be satisfied with today

I was reading today in Proverbs -

13:25 The righteous eats to the satisfying of his soul,
But the stomach of the wicked shall be in want.

It is about satisfaction, being happy with what you have or having enough.  As a parent, wife, caregiver, engineer, pastor, etc. I wear many hats and have many conflicting agendas.  I am sure you do too, it can often feel as if whatever I have done this day or at that moment is not enough.  

I had recently completed an extraordinary compromise with a group of people, one which had been tried for many years.  I should be extremely pleased and satisfied with this accomplishment, yet I focused on all the other crazy items that hit my desk that day.  Why?  
Sally - demonstrating satisfaction!


Because I believe we live in a world that does not encourage us to ever be satisfied. All we see is the next problem, issue, empty space instead of seeing all the accomplishments, joy, and fullness we already have.

This drive for filling ourselves up has caused me harm in trying to move too quickly to an idea that is not ready, not taking good care of myself, or even pushing to hard to get the next thing done.  

Dear ones, please stop and celebrate today all that you have, all that you are, all that you will continue to be.  Even if that means celebrating over a bowl of cheerios this morning - a cup of coffee, a lovely walk, a sit in the sun, or roll in the grass (see Sally above).  Celebrate who you are and be satisfied for today.

Peace to you,
 

 

Comments