Sharing God's Strength

How 'easy' it is to push through like a bull at every situation that comes my way.  I like to make a plan, and push through the problem and be the solver.  Oh how wonderful when we solve the problem, we get to be the hero.

Today as I read about Mary receiving the news from Gabriel, I couldn't help but wonder how did she manage to accept and share the strength of God?  To accept the strength of the Angel Gabriel, to accept the Holy Spirit's quickening of her womb, and to accept the sharing of God's love.

In turning over these events in my heart I came to two conclusions in myself: 1) I don't like to share God's strength 2) I like to be the hero.  UGH! 

I thought of this angel above on the Veggie Tale nativity scene.  The angel looks rather stunned after shining the flashlight on what he finds.  Often when shining the light of God's word on my life I too get that stunned look!

I'm turning it all over again today and learning to share God's strength with others and especially myself.

Peace to you this Advent.

Comments