Healthy Cooking - Scrambled Eggs Ole

I've been on a health kick lately due to a study I've been involved in that reset my eating and exercise habits.  All in all I've lowered my cholesteral, increased my stamina, and lost 32 pounds. One of my new kicks, is creating new healthy recipes.  So here is one which you can feel free to use:

Scrambled Eggs Ole
Ingredients (Makes 2 servings)
 
1
cup  Egg Whites
        1 T chopped green olives (about 4 olives)
        1.5 Cups onions
        1 Cup Frozen chopped brocolli
        1 tsp Turmeric
Directions
Chop onion into small to medium pieces. If you do not care for onions, another vegetable could be added such as mushrooms, but this would impact the amount of time to cook. Place a medium non stick skillet on low heat and spray with some olive oil (something light). Place chopped onions in skillet and allow them to cook on low for 4-5 minutes. Add 1 tsp Turmeric to the onions ( I like turmeric because it add a yellow coloring missing from egg whites, and it has a nice flavor). Add 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli to the onions (I use frozen because it adds moisture to the mix, and I don't have to chop it! Cover with a pan and saute for another 5-6 minutes. Note if there isn't enough moisture in the pan, add 1 T water. Once the broccoli is cooked add one Tablespoon green olives chopped. Add 1 Cup egg whites and keep stirring. The eggs will cook quickly and must be continually stirred to keep from sticking. This will also scramble the mix. It will take about 6-7 minutes for the eggs to cook through. Once complete divide into two, I usually place the other half in the fridge for the next day. I serve with either a tortilla or a hard roll. Yummy!
Calories per serving (without bread/tortilla) 127, Protein 16g, Carbohydrates 5, Fiber 5
 

Comments