Road Runner If He Catches You You're Through

Beep Beep!
This lent I have set for myself the goal of slowing down...and doing less.  This is not easy for me but necessary to prepare my soul for Easter.  As a Christian I cannot love my neighbor as I love myself, if I do not love myself!  Ironically sometimes we totally ignore this from Jesus' teaching (Mark 12:31).  Oh we think we are loving ourselves as we run around working, shopping, and running errands. However, we are moving to fast to see beauty, smell a flower or listen to silence.  The healing of our hearts require us to slow down and do less. So quit running around like a road runner with a coyote after you! As this beautiful road runner in New Mexico would tell you - stand tall, strut your feathers and enjoy the beauty of your neighborhood. Dear reader treat yourself this Lent and love yourself deeply and you will be able to truly love your neighbor as yourself.

Comments