Can I just say I need a moment...

I have had the most hectic and crazy day.  Before I get to the tipping point of my day let me just add a few comments for those of you who are blissfully unaware of what it takes to raise a special child with different abilities.  Here is a "typical" day:

5-6am woken by the sounds of singing, doors and cupboards being opened. 
6-7 help him bathe by removing clothes, running water, and starting laundry (we usually go through 4 outfits a day)
7-8 cook breakfast, help him eat breakfast, clean up, and medications
8-9am more laundry, and start video program Veggie Takes
9-10 snack, clean up bedroom, check bed for needed clean sheets, check closet for medications that may need to be ordered, check schedule for upcoming appointments
10-11 bathroom break - lead him to the bathroom and help with toileting, laundry, try to eat my breakfast and go through general house cleaning
11-12 Prepare lunch, serve lunch, clean up, and remove any objects that have been taken from closets, or other persons rooms
12-1 more laundry, toileting, and putting Veggie tale movie in for 30 minutes.
1-2 do any items outside that can be done with him such as getting mail, or running to get gas, if the weather is not too hot.
2-3 snack and toileting, video
3-4 afternoon meds, snack, and bath if needed.
4-5 put laundry away, toileting, and vacuum rooms.
5-6 cook dinner, serve dinner, clean up dinner
6-7 toileting, teeth brushing (if he will let me), meds
7-8 video, and will perhaps lay down
8-9 asleep...sometimes... 10 or 11 pm

In between the non scheduled items, are these types of events, singing, trying all the doors to see if I've left one unlocked so he can escape or get into something he's not suppose to and accidents like this morning he found my cold cup of coffee and poured it out on the table. 

Anyways it is not easy having an adult child with different abilities that needs constant care but Dwayne and I love him and for the most part welcome the day to day activities that always leaves us exhausted. 

For the most part we feel we do a good job and then today...I received a letter that Jeremiah's insurance will be cancelled at the end of July because of missing paper work.  I will admit we called for an extension but missed the extension deadline.  So in the middle of the day today I spent 2 hours completing that paper work (which I couldn't complete until this Friday due to our lawyer being on vacation).  I sent it in and now all we can do is pray that somehow and somewhere there is mercy for this mom & dad who try our best every day...but yes we mess up and forget somewhere between breakfast, seizures, toileting, and bed time that we are to fill out paper work.

Jeremiah admits his mom does need a moment (maybe 2)
So can you please also take a moment and pray.

Peace!

Comments