Eating for Your Spirit

Lately I have been eating more carefully and I have noticed something great - my spirit feels better too.  I have been trying to eat food that tastes good and is fresh.  Not settling for something that is quick or available.
    I had learn this when I was young but somewhere along the way I had forgotten. My mother always took her time making our food which was usually fresh from our garden or had been recently purchased.  This was for a variety of reasons I suspect, the availability of money which was scarce resulted in our growing food or waiting until we had the money to purchase it.  This also meant junk food couldn't be available because we could not afford it. 
Jeremiah always enjoys his sacred table time

Eating was also a beautiful time where we shared a meal at a table set with care and love.  We talked, cried, prayed and laughed a lot!  The time around the table became a sacred space one where God was invited.  The items brought to the table were placed with great care and respected for what they provided to our souls.  We would consider the color, flavor, aroma and how each item provided to our bodies what was needed to heal and grow.

Today I begin by clearing the table to create more space for you and I hope you will join me soon.

Peace to you,
Georgia

Comments