Connecting the dots



The other day a friend of mine asked me to go on a 5k fundraiser walk with her. I said yes, because I was training 11 miles that day and having someone else to walk with even just for 3.2 miles was worth it! What I didn't know what a blessing that walk would be for me that day.

The fundraiser was for "Dot to Dot" an organization that raises money for kids with brain tumors. The money goes for research and to help provide new treatments. In the United States 9 kids every day find out they have a brain tumor. One of those kids is mine - Jeremiah. Luckily we found out about an experimental brain tumor medication that he has been on for 2 years. This has reduced his brain tumors some by 50% and some completely.

The walk was such a blessing not only because I could be with other parents with kids with brain tumors but because I was with them on a walk that might give some family hope. The dots were connected that day for me as I became closer to those who families like ours were impacted by brain tumors. I hope next year you'll come and connect some dots with me on the dot to dot walk in Overland Park in September.

Peace!

Comments