Skunk

How the earth relates and how we as people relate are often very closely related. These past few weeks I have run into some human skunks. Normally skunks human or other kinds do not bother me, but lately it has been more than I can handle, let me explain.

First the earthly skunk which quite frankly I have always admire has such power and strength in a little body and they know how to use and often do. But last night when I was out on the prairie at a board meeting I did not expect to have a skunk show up. Pepe (for lack of other name) made a stink somewhere outside close to the building. Because of this the smell came in the windows, attached to my stuff and clothes and everything around us. We drove home (2.5 hours away) and my kind husband suggested I take a shower. This morning I get in my car (not the car driven to the event) and it smells like skunk because I had my purse and other things in their from the night before. My purse, clothes, everything 3 hours away now from the skunk stinks and smells of Pepe's fear. None of us had caused his fear at least not intentionally but here we are all dealing with it. So it is with the human Pepe's I have run into lately.

These past few weeks several human skunks have been going around blowing up around people who are good people. They come in dump all their hatred, their anger, their frustration on the innocent people around them. They do this all in the name of being righteous, having that white stripe down them being "Christian" they feel they have the right to dump, to vindicate to vent.

In both cases where this happen neither of the people who received the smelly spew, deserved any of it (not that anyone ever does). And in both cases those of us who love these folks were left to try and remove the stink that happened. We in turn got the stink on us even though we weren't there when it happened. Then we bring it home and if we are not careful everyone around us miles and miles away from the event will feel the spew of the hatred and stink rubbed off on them.

I am still trying to wipe off the skunk smell litterally and figuratively but offer this advise if a human skunk walks into your space.
1) When they start spewing words about other folks, (unkind words), stop them tell them that you are not allowed to hear bad words about other people. Ethically you have let Christ know that you will no longer allow it to fill your mind, body and spirit.
2) walk away, maybe run...because sometimes they do not hear you. If needed go somewhere where there is a locked room, a bathroom, but immediately move. The human pepe in fear may not hear you say you cannnot listen to this and begin to spray.
3) finally if this has already happen to you. Pray pray pray pray pray. Ask all around you to pray. Begin to fast..and pray some more. Only the blood and forgiveness of Jesus Christ can cleanse this type of hatred and smell. Just like the tomato juice they suggest for all of us to use for real skunk smell, the blood of Jesus Christ spilled for all of us offers the type of cleansing we need to release these skunks.

I pray for peace for all of you and that the skunks around you both human and otherwise will stop.

In the name of Jesus Christ, power and love, may peace prevail.

Comments