Camino step one we cut our hair

We decided to simplify our pilgrim experience by cutting our hair and having less to deal with.  In July we both went to the hair dresser and off it came.  A big pile on the floor. 

As I felt the lightness of my hair and a peace of one thing less to carry along.  That is a bit of what preparing for a pilgrimage is about.  Thinking about what you don't need for the journey.  Eliminating the distractions and those things that keep you from completing your journey.

I then  looked to other parts of my life and said the same.  What do I really need?  With the help of a very good friend, I emptied an entire room filled with boxes and junk.  Honestly why did I have that there?  For 2 years that room sat that way with unused items from a move, where we probably hadn't looked in the boxes for 15 years before that.

I still have a few closets and cupboards to review.  But what I have learned is once you start it gets easier and easier to let go.  And even better I look at things before buying it and say do I even need it?

Less is more is my mantra on this transition to pilgrim.

Peace,


Comments