Jeremiah's Prayer

Jeremiah prays a lot.  A lot more than most people I know, and I know a great deal of "churchy" people.  The kind that tell me all the time religious things and quote the "Bible" (well they think the quotes are from the bible), and like to tell me about their latest "churchy" book they are reading from the trendiest "churchy" writer.  These conversations make me tired, because they tend to make me feel inferior and boxed in a place I don't want to be "churchy."
I also quote the Bible but just to myself "Judge not lest ye be judged" Matt 7:1a and "Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil." (Psalm 23:4a).  Both of these are just for me to remember, not to judge the "churchy" and to help me as I walk through temptations such as the bakery department, or scary situations (feelings of judgement by the "churchy").  This is why Jeremiah's prayers are such a lovely joy that I get to witness each day..they take me from the judgement and the scary.

Jeremiah's Prayer - I Am One of Many
Oh God of all creation fill us with your grace as we open ourselves to being inclusive.
Help us to color outside the lines using all the colors you have created.
May we seek ways to remove barriers of the heart, mind, soul and structures that keep creation from your grace.
Thank you Lord Jesus & Holy Spirit for answering this prayer. Amen

Here is one of the paintings he meditates on each morning (and loves dearly)
Painting by Mari Carmen Mata
Peace my friends,
Georgia

Comments