St James - Thunder Head

Thunder on the horizon?
I've been reading a lot about St. James lately.  He is an interesting person and it has deepen my understanding of who I am in Christ.  One is that James is nicknamed "thunderhead"  or son of thunder, meaning he had a temper.  A temper which could lead to deep change or quick harm.

I have a temper too, it is a very slow brew but I know it is there.  It especially shows itself when I see someone vulnerable being harmed.  I have to watch it because I could hurt someone deeply.  It can be used well.  For example once I was in a grocery store with my son Jeremiah who was then three.  He has epilepsy and has seizures quite often.  He would still use a pacifier which gave him satisfaction and peace.  A woman came to me in the store and told me "he shouldn't be using a pacifier."  I felt that thunder burn in me from my toes to my head in a flash, but calmly replied "Jeremiah has seizures and some times they are violent. He finds this pacifier very satisfying and so do we."  I then watched her face turn from stern instruction to confusion.  I walked away not waiting for any more words to come.  Afraid that my thunder might result in lightening if she said another word!

My friend if you find yourself in any way like St. James, watch your thunder!

Peace to you!

Comments