Loving Creation even when times are hard


Friends there is so much to write about. Lent is here each day molding us teaching us and helping us be closer to God. Soon Easter will be here and the celebration of God's continue mercy in Jesus Christ. Instead of writing of anything of these things I want to share with you a prayer I wrote for Earth day several years ago. Earth day is coming in April and it is a time which we are called to care for our earth and consider our responsibilities as stewards. I pray you will look at the activities in our community and participate. Two dates for here in Oakland are April 9th - Maundy Thursday we will dedicate two trees that we just planted and have a pot luck meal. April 22nd we will be working on a clean up for our neighborhood. So grab a bag and see how much you can clean up. Together we can make a difference!

Creator God,

Today we give you thanks for all those who have taught us how to love creation.
I thank you for these women:
Lona who taught me to conserve water,
Aunt Jean who taught me to string green beans to feed our neighbors and our family,
And especially my mother,
Who taught me to love animals, plants, and respect seeds.
My mother taught me to love creation even when times are hard.
Such as when she had cancer and her hair fell out, instead of throwing it away she kept it, hopeful that she would be there in the Spring. Then when Spring came she scattered her hair outside for the birds to have for their nests. Together she and the birds gave thanks for another Spring, celebrating your creation.
Yes my mother and these women have taught me much about loving creation even during hard times.

Now I ask for forgiveness for sometimes only loving creation when it is easy to love.

Help all of us to love creation and remember those things that were taught us by your faithful people so we may all celebrate your creation in years to come.
In Christ Name we ask these things and remember,
Amen

By: Georgia Hale dedicated to the memory of Maria Hale

Comments